Monday, February 22, 2010

Great Weekend

So after Thursday's incident I was looking forward to the weekend. Friday night was the Elton John and Billy Joel concert. YAAAHHHH!!! It was so much fun. My Dad and Step mom purchased tickets for the whole family so there was about 24 of us that went. We had dinner before at a place called Thaiphoon (sp?). It was so yummy. I couldn't tell you what I ate because we ordered about 36 dishes for 17 people. There was so much food!!! I am sure we looked ridiculous to the people around us. There was so much that at some points we had to actually hold dishes in one hand and eat with the other. We had so much food left over that we boxed up what was left and took it to homeless people on the street. (My mom's idea. She is such a smart lady.)

We then headed over to the concert. What a show!! They did such a great job and we were dancing and singing all night. In front of us was a group of very drunk guys. I have to say they made the night. One of them was a serious Elton John fan and knew every word to his songs. While he would sing along he would play air piano, guitar and any other instrument he could think of, he also punched the air with his fist a lot. After each song him and his buddies would give each other high fives. It was so hilarious. At one point John was making fun of him and he turned around and thought John was being serious, he thought he had found another true believer. After the song he turned around and gave John a high five. It was one of the best moments of the night. We almost peed our pants we were laughing so hard. Very long concert (4 hours long) but very fun, thanks Dad and Nancy for a great evening.

That night John and I were able to stay in Salt Lake in a hotel, a very nice break. I actually slept for more that 3 hours straight, YEAH!!! We woke up late and went shopping for a little bit then headed home. John's cousins watch the kids when we stay over night and we just love them. We are so grateful that they live so close.

The second big thing that happened was on Saturday night. I was on my way home from running errands and had been talking to my mom about buying tickets for U2 on Monday. We were trying to figure out the best way to get them and if we had a connection at Smithtix. I must premise this with the fact that I LOVE LOVE LOVE U2. I have seen them 4 times now, most recently in Virgina last fall. I was going to get tickets one way or the other. My mom was out running errands too and had just got home and told me she would call me later. Well about 5 min later she called me back. Come to find out my Step dad had signed up for the U2 fan club (who were able to purchase presales tickets) and had bought tickets for the whole family!!! Are you kidding me. I think that is the loudest I have ever screamed. I am sure I scared the crap out of Sofia who was in the backseat. I then called John and have learned never to call John when I am overly excited. I could barely talk and scared the crap out of him because he thought I had been in another car accident. After I reassured him I was fine, that I was just having a minor freak out because of the recent news he was just as excited as I was. I can not wait for JUNE 3RD!!!!!!

The weekend ended with an eventful church outing. I swear that Noah does not know how to stop moving or stop talking (he literally talks himself to sleep). Even the kids in our primary class were chatty. It must have been in the air. John was giving the lesson and at one point looked at me and just shook his head. Other than a lot of chattiness it was a great Sunday.

What a great weekend!! I feel very blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. A wonderful husband who is a total goofball and I love it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great weekend and so exciting to get U2 tickets! I always think of you when I hear them.

Jen said...

fun! I'm jealous about your U2 tickets...

Kristin said...

David and I have not spent a night alone together since we adopted Baylie. It would be heaven to have a date night that lasted until morning. Maybe someday!